We have made every effort to make the Microscopy and Analysis website easy to use and accessible to everyone. Website accessibility in the UK is generally measured against guidelines and standards set by the Web Accessibility Initiative, where A is the most basic standard. Websites must comply with all WAI priority one checkpoints to achieve this standard. AA is a higher standard requiring compliance with all WAI priority one and two checkpoints. AAA is the highest standard, demanding compliance with all priority one, two and three WAI checkpoints.
The Microscopy and Analysis website has been designed to comply with the WAI's AA standard and pages on this website also conform to the Worldwide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility guidelines with the AA standard as default and some content conforming to AAA standard.
Making our website fully accessible is an ongoing process and we are committed to offer a user-friendly experience. If you experience any problems or have any feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are making every effort to ensure that we don't exclude any users.
- We try to use clear and simple language.
- We try to use alternative text for all images.
- The HTML we produce conforms to the standard: XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
- We have tested the colours we use in the design for contrast.
- We try to publish all our text content as accessible HTML rather than in other formats such as PDF.
- Where we do publish PDFs or other formats our policy is to make them as accessible as we can.